Day 41 - Getting Home (Part 1/3)

Hello friends, today was the first day of the trip back home, which Vanessa and I are doing over the span of 3 days (which is ridiculous). Today we drove from Revelstoke BC to Regina SK in ~12 hours, and only made 2 stops on the way (but Vanessa and I had some great life chats along the way). After finally leaving the mountains and hitting the prairies (which made the drive a lot easier, but significantly less scenic), we  stopped in Calgary to grab some food from Tim's, and then Vanessa took the wheel. As I was taking a nap, Vanessa tells me that the fuel light is on and that we were really low on gas, and the next gas station was half an hour away. After the most stressful drive of Vanessa's life and the lowest my fuel gauge has ever been, we made it to the gas station just in time before my car shut off. On our way out of the gas station, we drove by the World's Largest Teepee, which was pretty cool. As we entered Saskatchewan and got close to Regina, I got caught by a hidden camera as the speed limit changed drastically from 110 to 80 km/h, so thanks for the parting gift Sask (I'm still salty about it). Anyways, Brandon Eagan was kind enough to give us a place to stay, so we got to his house, grabbed some dinner, and chatted for a while (for those who know of it, I finally got to hear the actual origin of the GURT chat). I even got to see Regina's 60" Ridgid pipe wrench, which was fascinating to actually get to see in person. Today was a pretty hectic day, with tomorrow being even crazier as we make our way to Thunder Bay!

Getting Home (Part 1/3): www.instagram.com/p/Bj1e1UHlIoK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Introduction

Day 8 - UPEI