Day 42 - Getting Home (Part 2/3)

Hello friends, today was another crazy day en route to making it back home, with a few notable things that happened. We drove from Regina to Thunder Bay in just under 14 hours, and there was just this cathartic feeling of being back in Ontario that made me feel at home (even though we still have ~16 hours to get there). As Vanessa and I were  driving through Manitoba, we stopped at the (longitudinal) Centre of Canada, which was pretty cool. This means that I have been to the East-most part, South-most part, and centre of Canada... now all I need to do is visit the West-most and North-most parts when I ever make it to the Territories. We stopped for food in Kenora ON, which is a really scenic city to visit in the summer, before continuing on the trip. The interesting thing about today's drive is that both Vanessa and I slept more in the car than we did last night, so it was a pretty silent drive throughout most of it (other than the tunes we had on the radio). Through Vanessa's superstar connections, we're spending the night in Thunder Bay with the Dean of Engineering at Lakehead, Antony Gillies, which is surreal! He's such a nice guy, he made us dinner (one of the best omelettes I've ever had) and he showed me some of the vintage cars that he works on. Talking to him and getting to learn about his hobbies was honestly one of the highlights of the day, so I'm glad that we were able to see him while we're here. Plus, how often can you say that the Dean of Lakehead Engineering gave you a place to stay! Overall today went by quite smoothly, and tomorrow is the last official day of my trip as we make our way back down to Southern Ontario!

Getting Home (Part 2/3): www.instagram.com/p/Bj32Xs1llb0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Introduction

Day 8 - UPEI