Day 30 - U of C

Hello friends, today I entered Alberta for the first time and I got to see a lot of really cool things along the way. I was told that on my way towards Calgary that I had to stop in Drumheller to go see the Badlands and to see the world's largest dinosaur. I honestly have to say, that dinosaur did not disappoint. It's 86 ft tall, and you can actually climb to the top of the dinosaur and into its mouth to get a view of the entire town + badlands. The entire town is pretty much dinosaur themed as well. It was such a cool experience, and very much worth going out of my way to see. 

After that short detour, I made my way to the University of Calgary (U of C) and met up with my old friend from Waterloo, Tim Woerle. Neither of us were familiar with U of C's campus at all, so it was a new adventure for us both. Not gonna lie, the campus is pretty confusing to walk around if you don't know where you are going because of how huge it is (I'm talking massive), but it's such a beautiful campus that even getting lost was an enjoyable experience because you got to see more of it. We started by visiting the Schulich School of Engineering, and I've gotta say that they have one of the biggest and best looking Engineering buildings I've seen on my trip so far. It had everything that students would need from design bays, to study spaces, to classrooms, to social spaces and more. Only unfortunate thing about it is that their engineering lounge and EngSoc Office were under renovation, so we couldn't see them while we were there. Tim and I then tried to walk around as much of the campus as we could, and we found that their school sign was on the other side of campus to the Engineering building, so we made our way over there and back. There was a lot of interesting random art all of their campus, ranging from memorial statues, to a naked dude with a plant sticking out of his head. Overall, U of C was a lot of fun to explore, with so much to see in all parts of the campus.

Tim and I then wanted to get some food, and I was told by people from all over that when I get to Calgary I need to try "Peter's Drive-in", and so we did. Peter's is a drive thru burger joint that has some really good burgers and hotdogs, and some of the best milkshakes you will ever have! Their special for the day was a Blackberry milkshake, and you honestly couldn't go wrong with that. After eating, we drove back to Tim's place and hung out with his family for a few hours. We made a list of things that we should do while I'm in Calgary for tomorrow, and so we'll be taking the train to DT Calgary first thing tomorrow morning. It's gonna be a blast!

U of C: www.instagram.com/p/BjZAQhiF0mz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Day 8 - UPEI