Day 29 - Hanging Out in Saskatoon

Hello friends, today was a pretty chill day in Saskatoon, but it was one of those days where the simple things made it a lot of fun. I actually managed to sleep in until 11 am, and stayed in bed until about 2:30 pm, which was wonderful. While in bed I managed to get some work done that I've been putting off, so it was nice to have some time to get that done. I finally got up and started getting ready to leave, and the only tourist-y thing I did was visit Forest Park. I walked around the park for about an hour, saw the fishing pond and BBQ areas that were set up everywhere, and a few historical buildings that were in the area. There was also a zoo there, but I wasn't really feeling it at the time (it was really hot and I was getting hungry). After that, I was driving home and I saw a sign for "Sports Clips Haircuts", and I remembered that I got a coupon for a free haircut from there while I was in Regina, so I thought I'd take advantage of it. The reason I mention this is because I've never felt so pampered at a barbershop before. I got a haircut, a beard trim, a full shampooing, a hot towel treatment, as well as a head and shoulder massage; it was amazing. I then went to go grab some food, and so I stopped by a Mucho Burrito on my way home. Best burrito bowl I've ever had. I then spent just over an hour on the phone with one of my best friends, Andrew Dawson, and it was so great catching up with him.

As I got home, Noah and Shanleigh asked if I wanted to go out for some food and drinks, and I thought it would be nice to hang out with them while I'm here. We went to a place in DT Saskatoon called Cathedral Social Hall, and I got to try the famous "Prairie Perogies", which were really good! The entire time we were there, I was telling them all about my trip and they were telling me more about Saskatoon and about places I should visit while in Alberta and BC. Fun fact: Saskatoon has the highest number of bridges and restaurants per capita in Canada, and Saskatchewan has the most roads per capita in Canada. Noah was kind enough to pay for my meal, so I treated them to some ice cream afterwards. We walked around the park and got some pretty nice pictures while we ate our ice cream. When we got back home, because they know how much I love Engineering traditions, they showed me the "President's Cup" that has the name of every EngSoc President from USask ever engraved on it, with Shanleigh being the 100th President! Noah, who is the new President of WESST (Western Engineering Student Societies' Team), also had the "President's Flask", which is a giant flask with the name of some of the previous WESST Presidents' names engraved on it. I got to add a few new stickers onto the Flask, which was pretty cool. To end my day, Noah let me take a picture wearing his poofy (their equivalent to Waterloo's leather jackets, but they actually sew things onto them), which was awesome. Similar to how I am a collector of patches, Noah is a collector of scarves, so I managed to get a nice picture with some of his scarves in the background.

Both Noah and Shanleigh have been great to me while I was here, so I'm glad that I got to stay with them while in Saskatoon. Tomorrow I make my way to Calgary, which has been such a bucket list item for me for the longest time, so I can't wait!

Hanging Out in Saskatoon: www.instagram.com/p/BjWbhydFwdB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Day 8 - UPEI