Day 26 - Getting to Saskatchewan



Hello friends, I had an absolutely great time today with a whole bunch of new friends in a whole new province. I left Winnipeg this morning and started making my way towards Saskatchewan, which meant that I was going to be entering the 5th time zone on my trip so far. One thing that I was told about Saskatchewan was that it’s very flat, and honestly, yes… yes it was (which my car was happy about, the hills in the Maritimes were rough). The speed limits are also higher here than in Ontario, which was an added bonus.

The original plan was to go straight to Regina, but my friend Kennedy Dollard invited me over to spend the day at her cabin on Pasqua Lake (next to Echo Valley Provincial Park), and I’m really happy that she did. It led to one of the more relaxing days I’ve had in YEARS. Her cabin is right on the lake, so we it was very soothing to just chill by the water for a while. A few more of Kennedy’s friends started showing up, and I think they all deserve a shout out for making this day awesome, so thanks to my new friends Quinn, Katie, Arsalan, Conn, Chris, Erin, Michelle, Keneni, Brennen and of course Kennedy. We all wanted to go into the water (which was ice cold at the time, so swimming was out of the question), so a few people went kayaking, others took some surfing boards and some paddles, and then Kennedy and I took the paddle boat. What I didn’t know was that the paddle boat couldn’t steer properly and could only do donuts, and the wind blew up pretty far into the water, so we needed some help getting back to shore. Quinn jumped onto the back of paddle boat and starting kicking the water to actually get us moving, and we borrowed some paddles to finally get back to shore.

We then spent a few hours just having life chats and playing card games, one of which led to Conn getting slapped so hard he lost part of his tooth, which was hilarious. Quinn lit up a bon fire afterwards, so we roasted some smores and hotdogs, and just had some pretty fun discussions (at this point people were getting quite intoxicated, so it made it that much more entertaining). As people started to head inside, Conn, Michelle and I just sat there and watched the stars for a while. I’ve been meaning to just sit under the stars for a while, so I’m glad that I finally did that. I even got to see the Big Dipper. We had some really deep life chats of our own, so it was nice just getting to know each other a bit more. According to Conn, based on everything we did today, I got the whole Saskatchewan summer experience, which is amazing to think about. I am very grateful to have had a day like today on my trip, I think it’s exactly what I needed. Tomorrow we head over to Regina, which I am very excited for!

Getting to Saskatchewan: www.instagram.com/p/BjO5w1NlUb2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Day 8 - UPEI