Day 24 - Exploring More of Thunder Bay

Hello friends, today was meant to be a bit more of a chill day at home, but I decided that I wanted to explore a bit more of Thunder Bay, who knows when I'll be back here so might as well make the most of it. My day first started by finalizing plans for the last stretch of my trip with Vanessa, now we should be good to go and I am very excited for what's to come. I finished packing up my stuff, loaded the car, and drove to Kakabeka Falls. While I was at Kakabeka Falls, I was able to walk around the entirety of the waterfall and see it from a wide variety of angles, which was awesome. I know I keep saying this, but there are so many beautiful aspects of Canada that are never talked about, and this is definitely one of them. I managed to do a bit of hiking and exploring of the park around Kakabeka Falls, so I feel like I got the full experience while I was there. One interesting thing I found is that they have designated lots in the park for RV's to set up and even have outlets to provide the RV's with electricity while they are there. It makes total sense that this exists, I just never thought about it before.

After Kakabeka Falls, I drove down to Boulevard Lake and walked around for a bit. I'm trying to get as much walking done as I can today because of the long drive I have tomorrow, and so it's great that I get to do it in a scenic environment. I was told that I should also go check out the Sleeping Giant Brewing Company, so I took a mini brewery tour on my own. Pretty interesting stuff, and they had some pretty cool merchandise, including patches! I then went to see the "International Friendship Gardens", which represented 18 separate nations in a sort of multicultural heritage showcase. Each country had a statue dedicated to it, and so it was really cool getting to see all of that. Last thing I went to see as the tourist that I am was the St. Paul's Anglican Church, the architecture of which was very interesting. I then met up with Benjie and we went to Daytona's for some wings, and he was kind enough to give me a place to sleep for the night. Tomorrow I venture west of Ontario for the first time when I make my way over to Winnipeg! Let's truly see if #WESSTISBESST.

Exploring More of Thunder Bay: www.instagram.com/p/BjJNTqBFZKI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Day 8 - UPEI