Day 22 - Making it to Thunder Bay

Hello friends, today was one of the more exhausting days of my trip, but also one of the more scenic. I got up earlier than I normally did this morning because I knew I had a roughly 12 hour drive from Sudbury to Thunder Bay, and the first hurdle I ran into was the fact that, because it was Victoria Day, a lot of the gas stations that I tried to stop at this morning were all closed or opening later, so I pretty much wasted an hour trying to get gas before I hit the highway... probably could have slept in a bit more. Anyways, after I finally got gas, I was on my way through a very mountainous drive through the Trans Canada Highway, having also seen some of the clearest and calmest waters that have ever caught my eyes. The entire duration of my drive was spent listening to podcasts, singing along to my playlist, and calling friends to keep me company. I made 2 stops for gas, the first one was in a place called Pancake Bay. The gas station itself was at a neat gift shop called "Agawa Crafts & The Canadian Carver", which had a lot of native crafts and unique pieces of artwork. The next stop was at a place called Terrace Bay, which had a lighthouse by it. When I finally made it to Thunder Bay, Aryn Ertl and her family were kind enough to let me stay with them for a few nights. They also made me one of the best dinners I've had throughout my trip, so I am very appreciative of that. After dinner, the weather was so nice that we all went out for a walk. The sunsets in Thunder Bay are breathtaking, so I'm glad that I got to see it in person. Tomorrow I get to explore the city a bit more, and I get to visit Lakehead!

Making it to Thunder Bay: www.instagram.com/p/BjEAYfpFDCa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 43 - Getting Home (Part 3/3)

Day 8 - UPEI